Job Descriptions :
- Support customer’s business needs using standard process where possible and customized solutions where necessary.
- Collaborate with Purchasing manager and SCM to determine the best approach to meet the customer needs
- Communicate BEM expectations to the suppliers. Reviews to develop and continuously improve supply base. Obtain feedback from Materials Planners on suppliers’ delivery, quality, and service performance.
- Support, execute, and provide inputs to improve BEM initiatives and strategies.
- Quote new and existing materials. Work with Materials Quotation Analyst if applicable.
- Frequently re-quote and negotiate to capitalize on cost reduction opportunities.
- Make sourcing decisions based on overall cost and benefit including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance, quality, and terms & conditions.
- Negotiate terms and conditions that protect the best interest of BEM and its customers. Negotiate liability terms, special stocking arrangements, and other agreements that are outside of standard BEM terms and conditions.
- Improve sourcing options by working with BEM’s internal resources and customers to add BEM preferred and/or strategic suppliers to customer’s Approved Manufacturer’s List (AML).
- Analyze and project component purchase prices that accurately reflect the inventory value for a financial period in Standard Costing process.
- Continuously optimize PPV by reducing the cost of materials and by limiting unfavorable PPV.
- Work with BUM to obtain customers’ authorization for additional expenses such as premiums on materials or freight and tooling charges incurred on customers’ behalf.
- Collaborate with Materials Planners and monitor, track, and provide feedback on suppliers’ performance for continuous improvement.
- Work with Materials Planners to ensure that suppliers support overall business needs of BEM.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- Degree in Business/Management or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of working experience in purchasing/procurement.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate negotiation and problem solving abilities. Must be able to work within the team.
|Industry||Manufacturing / Electronics|
|Location||Bayan Lepas, Penang|
|Job Type||Full Time|